According to IEC 60079-10-1
Try Hazacalc for free and register for a free demo account.
Hazcalc is an online platform or tool for hazardous area classification of flammable liquids and gases (e.g. hydrogen, methane etc.) according to IEC 60079-10-1.
It's an easy to use tool with an extensive help function and user manual available. Assessments of several release scenarios can be made and the results are stored online. A report function is available and the results, including an image, graphs and when applicable, company logo, can be printed.
The tool is very helpful for e.g. HSE/ATEX-consultants, -managers and -inspector and e.g. for process- and I&E engineers. It can be used for hazardous area classification (HAC) for existing installations and for new installations during e.g. engineering phase and/or commissioning phase.
The key benefits of the tool are:
- time-saving due to incorporated substance database, automated calculations and graph drawings;
- time-saving e.g. due to easy copy, duplicating and editing function of assessments;
- reduction of faults in calculations;
- professional report function with own company logo;
- extensive knowledge of the IEC standard not necessary: guidance and help function is incorporated within Hazcalc;
- reduction of the size of hazardous areas due to the calculation of evaporation in dedicated and customized scenario's;
- prevention of unnecessary Ex equipment due to realistic hazardous areas compared to direct example approach.
Due to the easy en fast way of making assessments and automated calculation functions for several types of releases, an assessment can be done within minutes. In every step of the proces a pop-up help function is available, to guide the assessor through the process. Together with a nice report function, a professional and reliable assessment can be delivered.